Saturday, October 25, 2008

WDW 2004

UPDATE: We are Back !!!! It was a interesting trip to say the least. I am working on my trip report and will post it as soon as possible.

I am finally able to upload a few of my favorite Pop Century Resort pics.

Pre-Trip Report
Its been over two years, but once again my family will be heading back to our favorite vacation spot. We will be staying at the new Pop Century. I can't wait until I can share my own pictures.
We will be eating dinner the day after we arrive at our fav. restaurant "Ohana's" at the Poly Resort and once again at Chef Mickey's ( at the Contemporary Resort ) on our departure day. We are planning to spend some time at DTD and at the Beltz Outlet Mall for some holiday shopping. We will only be spending four days in the parks this trip ( although we have purchased 5 day park hoppers and will use the last day for a weekend trip in May to celebrate my Goddaughter's 6th birthday , and her first trip to WDW). And for the first time our cousin "Trice" will be coming with us. This is her first time at WDW and the girls can't wait to show her around. Of course we are going to have to pry TJ away from the Japanese Pavilion at Epcot. Thankfully this time he will be coming along ( he missed the last trip in August of 2002).
We will celebrating several milestones on this trip. Including TJ"s 21st birthday, Nicki's graduation from high school and my 40th birthday. Originally we planned to take a cruise, but that had to be postponed until next year.
As usual my hubby, "Prince" Marc will be driving straight through ( 14 hours ) to Orlando, and as usual he will be the one in the parks with the backpack, video camera and digital camera in tow.
To say that we are excited is a understatement. *

* Update *
We had a very nice trip, with a few mishaps here and there . But of course it wouldn't be a true Disney trip for us without some ups and downs. We departed early morning for Florida ( after having to postpone by a day because of car troubles ). Marc ended up working on our old van ( that we hadn't really used since the last trip to WDW ) and after a little rest we finally were headed "home". I have been asked many times why I continue to go back to WDW over and over again. Most people wonder why I don't get tired and want to to spend vacation somewhere else. I have given up trying to explain. You either love Disney or you don't. Thank goodness my family puts up with me. Or there would be a very unhappy mother walking around here. And you know what they say about home when mom's not happy !! But I digress.
We were traveling along minding our own business ( keep in mind the "kids" went to sleep the minute we hit the road ). I figured since we had left at 3 am that I could rest a little while because Marc knew his way to Florida. It was our 5th trip after all! I woke up thinking I would be on I-95. Which for me is the best indication that WDW is in the horizon. Most of the area's are so familiar now, that I can determine how much longer based on where we are. Instead I found myself looking at unfamiliar road ! I wiped my eye's and asked my dear sweet hubby where he was going. His response was a look that could kill, but then after some thought he started to question our whereabouts also. We stopped on the side of the road and checked out our map ( haven't used that in a while ). We were off course by an hour !! The good news is that we found a detour to carry us back, but we had lost an hours or more of driving time. Over the next few days my body would pay for this in more ways then one.
With the exception of the occasional groan from the car, or one of the kids asking if we there yet ( for those of you with teens, just a small warning - sometimes it is no better when they become adults ) the trip was mostly uneventful. We hit the Florida line and the welcome center just before closing. Everyone hit the restrooms, then we picked up our updated Disney brochures, and the complimentary cup of orange juice. Guess I spoke to soon about the trip being uneventful. When we made it back to the van, hubby was leaning over the tires. Seems we had a small nail in one of them. Thank goodness ( or should I say thank God ) my husband is pretty handy when it comes to car's or we would never go anywhere, let alone Disney. All of our money would go to mechanics. He eventually got us back up and running and within two hours we had hit the dreaded 1-4 ( see the trip from 2001 ) and not long after Pop Century signs were beckoning.