Saturday, October 25, 2008

May 2005

Were Back !!!!

Update June 5th : We have been back a few days and I must say this was an interesting trip to say the least. It will forever remembered as the good, bad and the ugly. I have decided to do a summary of the trip rather then my usual trip report. Scroll down to get the full report. Also check back later for my scrapbook album from this trip.

Scrapbook Pages
A few more pages can be found here :

May 26th : We leave in a few hours, and I can't believe how fast the months have gone by. Cass and I have been tweeking our schedule for the last week. The excitement is contagious, especially since we have been calling and emailing each other back and forth. I can't wait to see the excitement in the kids faces. WDW, here we come !!!!!!!!

March : In a few months we will once again be returning to WDW ! This time it will be in celebration of my Goddaughter "Miss Kyra's" birthday. After many years of trying to persuade her parents to join us at my favorite place in the world, I got the call recently that they we're going and had already made their reservations !!. Well there was no way that "Aunt Cyndi" ( AKADisneyqueen ) was letting them celebrate my babies birthday at my favorite place in the world without us. When we brought our tickets for the December trip we all agreed to leave one day on our passes so that we could go again in May. Good thing too , because Disney recently changed their whole Ticket structure and it would cost us an arm and leg to have brought a one day ticket. We also plan to visit Seaworld for the first time. So I am excited about that. Over the next few months I will update our plans and add them to the site. ( Of course those that know me, know it can always change ).

"Update"
December 2004 : Well we are once again staying at the Pop Century Resort. I requested a fireworks view and connecting rooms on the top floor ( keeping my fingers crossed that we will have as good a spot as the last time ). Our dinner reservations have been made and most of the final details are finished. I seem to become more excited once I know exactly where I am staying and what I am doing. We have dinner reservations for the Cinderella dinner at the Grand Floridian to celebrate Kyra's birthday, a couple's dinner at Boma's ( I may finally make it to this place ) and breakfast at Chef Mickey's our last morning at Walt Disney World. Seaworld is still on the agenda and a full day at Disney ( probably Magic Kingdom, Epcot and perhaps we will take advantage of EMH at MGM. Animal Kingdom is just a little to hot in the summer time for me ). One day is set off-site to celebrate My goddaughter's birthday at the timeshare resort that they are staying at.
Our Weekend Plans Outlined

Friday : Arrival Day
* Relaxing at Pop Century Resort *
We arrived late that afternoon, checked in with Cass and her family and then headed to Pop Century to check in. We were in the 80's building so no fireworks this trip. Bummer !!! We joined Cass, Mike and the girls for dinner at Golden Corral then hit the bed early .

Saturday : Celebration of Kyra's Birthday.
* Including dinner with Cinderella *
We made it to DTD briefly ( long enough to pick up Kyra's present ). Marc and Nicki headed for the outside to pick up a few things for the van. TJ was at Epcot of course ! Quisha and I rode the monorail to Epcot to check out the crowds ( not as bad as I thought ) and then went to get dressed for dinner at the Grand Floridian. ( See my dining review for more info ). Had a great meal with Cinderella and Prince Charming and then went back to our friends timeshare so that the kids could get in some late night swimming. Hit the bed around 1 am. See you tomorrow morning WDW.

Sunday : Day at Epcot and Magic Kingdom
* Flower and Garden Festival *
Besides dinner with Cinderella, this was our best day. We hit all of our favorites on my must see list. And stayed in the park from opening until closing at MGM for their EMH. The only park we didn't see that day was AK. But we did get to ride Soarin and saw the Cinderellabration in honor of Disneyland's 50th Anniversary Celebration. I even got my gold Mickey ear's.

Monday : Seaworld
* Dinner at Boma's *
Seaworld was a bust. With the exception of Shamu I got to see very little . Nicki was starting to get sick, and the group was hot and tired. The girls and I would like to try this park again, just not in the summer heat. On the other hand Boma was the best and so worth the wait. See my dining review page for more details.

Tuesday : Departure Day
* Breakfast at Chef Mickey's *
This would have been our departure day and breakfast at Chef Mickeys. But our group decided 7 am was to early to get up, and Nicki ended up getting really sick that morning. We checked out of Pop Century and headed to a local dentist office. We eventually had to take her to the emergency room where they had to take out her tooth do to a abscess (sp). We ended up spending the night in Port Saint Lucie at my Aunt Jo's for the night. That morning all of the stress of the last 24 hours must have caught up with me because I ended up getting a serious nosebleed and getting sick to the stomach. As soon as I felt better we said our goodbyes and hit the rode because Port Saint Lucie was under a tornado watch. 15 hours later we finally made it back home.

Update October 13th : Well many months later we have found out that the nosebleeds stem from High Blood Pressure. I am on meds now and the nosebleeds have been taken care of. I have lost weight and no longer suffer from the serious migraines I once had each week. We also found out I was anemic so I am taking iron for that and my level of energy has improved. My next trip to WDW is many years off, and our Disney Cruise has been postponed for sometime. My family feels the need for a change in scenery so Philadelphia, South Carolina, and Niagara Fall trips are in the planning stage. Not as much fun as planning a trip to WDW , but I will be back soon.

So now you know why this trip was called the Good, Bad and the Ugly. Even after all of that I would not have traded the time we got to spend with family and friends. And it was all worth it to see Kyra's face light up when she met Prince Charming and Cinderella.