Monday, October 27, 2008

Downtown Disney


This is us hanging out with the "old man " at Downtown Disney area ( don't tell anyone , but he snores ) !

No trip would be complete for my family without a shopping trip to Downtown Disney . World of Disney is the largest Disney store in the world ! You could spend hours in this place. There are also lots of great restaurants and shops too numerous to name. Night owls and party animals may want to take time out for an evening of entertainment at Pleasure Island ( a six acre complex ). They offer adults a get - away with comedy clubs , dancing , and eating. There is also Disneyquest for video game lovers , Cirque Du Soleil , and the mega AMC theatre with 24 screens.

Update : A new addition to Downtown Disney is a huge toy store where you can buy the pieces for Mr. Potato head ( as many as you can get into a box ) at a great price . We spent about a hour filling up a box up for Quisha . They have some pieces that I am not sure are available anywhere else ( including Mickey ears , mickey ice cream bar and few others that I can't remember ) . I hope to pick up one for myself when we return in 2004 ( which by the way is starting to feel like a long way off ). I also hear they have a pretty good Scrapbook Store which I will have to check out next trip also .