Monday, October 27, 2008

Cyndi's Favorite Dining Spots

I can't describe what it is like to eat at a WDW restaurant. Granted eating at the world can become expensive , but at least pick out one on-site dining area to explore while you are staying at Disney. It is an adventure in itself. Below are a few of my favorites . I hope you like them too.


The Grand Floridian
1900 Park Fare

Nicki ( AKA Disney Princess ) and I ate here on our first trip ever to WDW back in 1998. We had a delicious buffet style breakfast . I have never in my life seen so much food ! I can't think of one breakfast item that you couldn't find on their tables. We had fresh fruit, buns, sausage, bacon, eggs, mickey pancakes, french toast. The list goes on and on . But the best part was having our meal with all of the different characters . We saw Minnie , Alice in Wonderland , The Mad Hatter , Mary Poppins and Pluto . I'm telling you Pluto fell in love with my daughter ! He came back to the table several times to hug her , kiss her hand ( on his knees no less ), and play with her braids. We left WDW that morning with lot's of special memories .

The Polynesian Resort
Ohana's

This place has become a tradition for my family. We spend our first night here eating dinner in July 1998. Your CM ( castmember ) greets you at the door with a hardy "Aloha Cousin" . They than proceed to give you a tour of the restaurant , including this huge fire pit where they cook at. I'm telling you the flames from this thing are a show within itself. After you are seated they start you off with "starters" on a lazy susan tray. This includes stir fried vegetables, rice and chicken wings. There are also some great dipping sauces on the tray. It is all you care to eat , and if you are not careful you will get full before the meal even starts ! The main course is a meat lovers smorgasbord . From Tiger shrimp , marinated sirloin steak , mesquite seasoned turkey , and barbecue pork loin ! ( O.k , I feel a craving coming on ). You end the meal with pineapples dipped in caramel. Need I say more ? During the meal you are entertained by the Poly's own 'Don Ho" , and the kids participate in coconut races and a hoola hoop contest . I have some great video of Nicki on the hoola hoop . And if I must say so myself she is the "princess" of the hoola hoop contest . ( I also have great footage of hubby "attempting" to hoola hoop ). We usually end the day watching the fireworks from these huge windows in the restaurant than heading down to the beach for the Electrical Water Pageant Parade. It is a great way to start the week . Of course no day would be complete without a spin on the monorail.

The Contemporary Resort
Chef Mickey's

On our last day Christmas 2001 the girls and I went to Chef Mickey's for breakfast with Mickey . To say we had a ball is an understatement. Breakfast is served buffet style. The characters that come by to greet you are Mickey, Minnie , and Pluto ( who thinks he is the chef )! I believe we were also graced with the presence of Chip and Dale. This place is pretty loud and exciting with lots of dancing by the characters , songs and napkin twirling. We made the mistake of scheduling a PS reservation for this resort on our last day ( after 8 non-stop days in the park and at the outlet malls ). It was for 8 am in the morning and there is a photographer at the entrance of the restaurant who takes a beautiful professional photograph. Needless to say we did not buy it because we looked like death warmed over. This year we have reservations for the last day , but I plan to get some rest the night before . ( Yah , right Cyndi !!! ). If I do I will post the pictures on the site.

Magic Kingdom
The Chrystal Palace

In December 2001 we had breakfast here one morning with Pooh , Piglet , Eeyore and Pluto. Nicki and Quisha were in character heaven ! Quisha ( AKA Sleeping Beauty ) and Nicki ( AKA Disney Princess ) love Pooh and Eeyore ( in that order ) . They brought everything "Pooh" and "Eeyore" they could get their hands on . So to be able to eat with them was something special. Once again we had buffet style ( eggs , hash browns , sausage , bacon , mickey pancakes , etc. ). The characters came by regularly and Pooh was posted near our table . This place has the best orange juice , and we never had a problem with service or finding enough items that all of us liked. I would recommend it to anyone. It is also a beautiful restaurant to look at . If you are ever there don't forget to look up at the ceiling.