Thursday, June 27, 2013

Time to say goodbye!!! Lost blog post!

  So apparently I had this in my draft folder this entire time: SMH

We got up bright and early for the twelve plus hr ride back home. I ended up not packing everything up until the morning because I was just too tired the night before. We ate breakfast one last time at the hotel before leaving. And ended up stopping off at one of the flea markets one more time to pick up a purse for Marc's  sister who left a message for us the night before. lol 


Overall the ride home was ok, but most of the trip I spent checking the weather back home because there were tornado and severe storm alerts for the area. Thankfully everything was ok and even though we originally thought we might run into some of the storms ourselves we  had a pretty good return trip home.



Not sure if you can see it in this picture but there was this huge cloud of smoke in the sky when we hit Jacksonville. Still not sure what that was all about! 





We did have one small incident in Jacksonville when crossing this bridge. Apparently a lady didn't like that Marc maintains a safe driving distance while traveling between himself and other cars and she wasn't having it. She blew her horn at us and flipped the bird when she passed. Funny thing?? She didn't get very far because the people in front if us were doing the same thing!! 

We made a few stops along the way for gas and food. Checked on family members and eventually pulled into our driveway around midnight. 

I loved spending time with Marc, loved meeting ministry friends and even loved shopping but I have to admit not going to Disney was hard! And I missed not having my kids ( even though they are all grown up) there with me. Orlando is lovely and I love the place to life but Orlando without Disney is just not the same. If all goes well we will be back in 2015....and it will be a full on Disney assault! lol