Friday, June 21, 2013

Orlando Baby!!!

We got up bright and early for our final leg of the journey to Orlando. Technically we could have kept driving and arrived in Orlando just after 1 am but our family has this tradition of stopping at the Florida Welcome Center to get brochures, fresh squeeze orange juice and a picture in front of the Welcome to Florida sign. I wasn't going to miss that opportunity this time either!!!



We grabbed a quick breakfast at the hotel and headed out! My husband will find someone to talk to no matter where we are!!! lol 


Thanks for a good nights sleep ! 


I love Florida!!! I was all prepared to "attempt" to take a photo of Marc and myself just as a lovely family offered to do it for us!!! Of course we returned the favor. They were on the way to their first WDW trip!!! We wished the the best and hit the road!! Next stop Orlando!!! 


We ran into a ton of rain, but thankfully it cleared once we hit the outskirts of Orlando. Can I just say how much I hate I4? This road has bad memories for us ( our van gave out in the middle of rush hour the year we went for Christmas). I have to keep reminding myself that its only a slight detour towards our favorite place in the world!! 


Yeah!!! Beuna Vista Suites. Now this place holds fond memories because its where we stayed the first time we brought our family to WDW. 


We even got bumped up to a King Suite!!! Best way to start the week if you ask me. 


Ok, so I know this was not suppose to be a Disney trip but I couldn't resist driving through these gates! 



On my "bucket list" was ice cream at Beaches and Cream. We had some time to spare before our dinner with Angie and Pastor Byron so why not. Can I just say it was a crazy maze trying to find this place! Technically it's a part of the Beach resort but the way they send you to find it is crazy. And it's not at all the size I imagined and its not on the boardwalk!! Thankfully a nice cm let us through the pool entrance and when we left we found and easier way to get back into the hotel. I was so frustrated by that point and forgot to take any pics of the place or our ice cream which was delicious!! Next time I think we will just try the ice cream place at Downtown Disney! One funny story though... someone actually stopped and asked us how to get to the parks from the hotel. How sad is it (or not) that I knew where to tell them to go! lol


We checked out one of the outlets near our hotel and then hit the road to go meet my friend Angie and her husband at Smokie Bones. Our GPS took us on some crazy route all around Orlando into some areas we had never even seen before!! We still got to our meeting spot on time though and ordered an appetizer until our friends showed up. 



We had a great dinner and great fellowship with Pastor Byron and Angie. Angie and I have been cyber friends for 6 yrs and we finally got to meet in person. If your ever in Orlando and would like to attend a service on Sunday morning I recommend checking them out at C3 church