Wednesday, August 4, 2010

New York/Muster Drill












Watching the ship leave the Port is just amazing (wait, I already said that. Not that it hurts to say it again...lol). We had a great time at the Sail Away Party. The girls even went down to the lower area so that they could get in the dance line. Later that week we caught a glimpse of them on the video that they play throughout the week with highlights from the week. After a while we went back to our cabins to get ready for the dreaded "Muster Drill". Which turned out not to be as bad as I thought if you didn't mind being in close quarters with thousands of your closest friends (actually strangers who have to become friends just because of the close proximity). lol The guy standing next to Nicki turned out to be a comedian in disguise and helped to keep things light and provide us with a great distraction. I have to admit the scrapbooker in me missed the opportunity to take pictures with the orange vest. Its a good thing they offer a complete rundown of how to use the vest in your room on the tv because where Nicki and I were standing in the back we could not see anything (the price you pay for being short I guess). lol

After the drill we went back to our room to get dressed for our 6 PM dinner. Is it bad to say that this was the part of the cruise I was most looking forward to?