Sunday, August 8, 2010

Leaving Port/Evening Dinner

















We decided to have lunch on the second level of the Red Sail restaurant, in part because my mom wanted to try the fish and chips. I had also read on the cruiseboards that this was a great spot to find a table. Considering that there were 6 of us this turned out to be great advice. We had plenty or room and was never in any once else way. My cousin and I decided to try the pizza area. I have to admit that it was pretty good. I think I was expecting just above frozen pizza so I was pleasantly surprised! After lunch we headed outside to watch the ship pull out of port ( I love this part). You could tell the weather was starting to change because it got really windy up there while we were waiting. There were actually people out there trying to sunbathe in the cold! I think by the time we left I was bundled up, and wishing I had brought a blanket with me (and I usually can withstand cold weather)!

After we pulled out we headed downstairs to get dressed for dinner. We had some good soup (that I can't remember the name of) and the chicken with pasta that night. I remember it being really good, but there was soo much on my plate that I could not eat it all. I wasn't the only one though. We decided that we would skip lunch the next day so that we could enjoy dinner a bit more without having to roll away from the table afterwards! An added bonus that evening was once again being able to watch the sun set from our table and as usual the service was excellent.

After dinner we headed to the Amber Palace to see Justin Illusion! This show was our favorite of the week! It was pretty amazing actually (which I was not expecting. Seems like I said that a lot on this cruise...lol).

After the early show we hit the Camel Club looking for what had become one of our favorite bands that week. If you ask me the Latin music with Hot Fiesta were the best on the ship. We ended up being leading the party that evening. At one point the lead singer had my daughter Nicki up on the stage dancing with him. By the end of the night they were in a conga line. The place was really hopping that night and we had the best time of all of the days on the cruise!