Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Lunch and Our First Look at the Stateroom















We had a great lunch at the Red Sail (?). My cousin Pat and I even scoped out a couple of spots for eating later (can you say Burrito Bar ? ). But for lunch we just decided to check out the Italian section of the buffet area. We found our way to the stateroom around 1:45. We were on the lower decks (Riviera) in room 1315. I was surprised at how spacious the room felt. Got to admit that the bathroom was just as tiny as I thought it would be, but I never felt as if it wasn't something Nicki and I couldn't navigate around for the next few days. Not long after we started unpacking our Stateroom Steward Lawrence showed up. We saw him in the halls almost every day and he was always friendly and let us know that if we needed anything to just let him know. Nicki and I are pretty organised people and we never left much out that needed to be cleared away or picked up. We teased him about it later in the week because we said we probably left him hardly any work. He did say he was responsible for at least 25 other rooms so we were probably a break! lol

We unpacked our suitcases within a few minutes. Had plenty of room for everything and even figured out the room safe right away. I had taken a over the door hangar for the door, but my Mary Kay bag ended up being a better choice and the shelves in the bathroom also served its purpose well. I do think I would take more hangars with me on my next trip just because I had so many dresses and skirts that could have used some time to let wrinkles fall out. My mom's friend used the laundry area one night and was not impressed with the iron. lol

Nicki and I headed up to the Lido deck for the send off party. My mom and cousins were still getting settled in their room so we asked them to meet us later. My mom never did find us, but my cousins caught up to us as the boat was starting to clear the port. What a site! Watching that ship turn around was amazing!