Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Dinner and a Gorgeous Sunset













It didn't take Nicki and I very long to get ready for dinner. Having our suitcases at the door early really helped. But just in case we had already packed a change of clothing in our carry on bag along with toiletries just in case.

I have heard so much about cruise food that I could taste it before I even got to the table! Now finding the Platinum Diningroom was a pain and it took all week to figure it out, but I must admit it was one of the favorite things of the cruise. Unfortunately the first day we found out that my mom and her friend were not sitting at the same table as we were (it was fixed later, seems there was a mix-up because we were such a large group they didn't realize some of the people were family). The next day we moved to the table my mom was at, and spent the rest of the cruise dining together (at a window table at that)!

I was determined to try things I never had before and for the most part I did (you won't see any seafood on my plate though because that is where I draw the line...just not a seafood eater). My mom and cousins tried a few items and were very satisfied. I had always read about small portions but have to admit that there were nights we could not finish everything on our plates!We had a great server and thankfully it didn't change when we changed tables the next day. Everton was always waiting for us and waving us to the table each night (more on the staff later).

We were sitting down for dinner when the ship went under the bridge. Another beautiful site to see. After dinner we went to the lobby to wait for my mom and cousin who were still eating and took a few pictures outside and watched the sun set over the water! Again, a beautiful site. By the way, you will probably hear me say that several times throughout the week! LOL