Monday, August 9, 2010

Last Photos of the Tour











One of the reasons we wanted to go to the Black Cultural center was in part because my uncle had told us about the area many yrs ago. He actually traveled there via a motorcycle from VA a long time ago. He even had pictures of the front of the center. I really enjoyed the tour, but I am not sure that I would take a second tour there again (I think I would do a different tour in Saint John also, not because of anything related to the tour). Only because I would want to explore other areas. My uncle had also suggested Peggy's Cove but because the weather was so bad I am glad that we did not take that specific tour. During our last sea day a couple sitting beside us at the Afternoon Tea told us they had gone. The wife said the weather was very windy and rainy but that they had enjooyed themselves. I know this would not have faired well for my family. Maybe next time.

One last tidbit of interest was the info our guide gave us as we traveled across the Angus L. Macdonald Bridge. You can read more about its history here. Frankly that was info she could have kept to herself! LOL