Wednesday, October 25, 2017

All Star Sports Resort Review

In the past we have had the opportunity to stay at several of the Value Resorts at Walt Disney World, but this was the first time for us staying at the All Star Sports Resort. I had heard mixed reviews on this resort in comparison to the others but when we went to book our rooms the All Star Sports Resort was actually cheaper then some of the other value resorts. I must say I wasn't sure what to expect but I was pleasantly surprised that I liked it almost as much as the All Star Music and All Star Movies Resorts. And although Pop Century is by far my favorite value resort, I would be perfectly ok with staying at the Sports Resort again if the price was cheaper.


It didn't hurt that we got such great treatment on our arrival day!


My one complaint which was actually a complaint from my daughter, was that she found a hair inside the sheets of her bed the day we checked in, but housekeeping came and stripped the whole bed down and gave her new sheets. During the five days we were there we didn't encounter a lot of noise, our room was always cleaned up by the time we came back for break and parking was never an issue even after a late night at the park (on average we would return to the room around 11 pm or later).



Originally I had requested a third floor room in the hoops building, but surprisingly I ended up appreciating being on the ground floor (especially after a long day on my feet in the hot sun at the parks). I also appreciated the fact that the All Star Sports Resort was the first of the value resorts you reached after going through the gates, and the parking area where we parked was the first turn into the resort.....so within minutes we were at our building and only steps away from our door. 



We were at the back of the resort (which most would consider the farthest as far as walking distance to the food court and the main building), but I had requested that area in advance because I knew we would be using our own transportation to and from the park each day. We did stop in each morning before heading to the parks so that Marc and Quisha could get coffee but we would just drive from around the back and park in the parking area across from the main building where people check in upon arrival. 








I'm not a sports person by any stretch of the imagination. But even I enjoyed seeing all of the sports icons at the various buildings! 



It rained a lot while we were there but the pools were being used when the sun came out (I mean, it is Florida and when the sun is out, its extremely hot. Especially in August. LOL)






We grabbed drinks everyday from the beverage station and one night Quisha and I shared a meal from the Food Court. Most of the time we grabbed meals off property before coming back to our room at night. We kept snacks in our room, plenty of water and some fruit as well to grab on the go in the morning before heading to the parks. On a few occasions we would use the microwave in the Food Court to heat up leftovers from a meal we had had (I really wish that Disney provided microwaves in the rooms like they do the mini fridge). We never had any issues doing this and we even sat at the tables a few times to eat before going back out to the parks or our rooms.


The gift shop where we did some major damage on our first day at Disney. LOL


Like I said, if given the opportunity I would stay again. It will be interesting to see how prices will change after all of the value resorts have been renovated. I know a lot of people prefer the larger and more deluxe resorts for their different amenities, but honestly for our family the value resorts are a no brainier especially since we spend very little time in the room except to sleep and although the pool is nice on a hot summer day in Florida, with the exception of my husband none of us swim so a cool pool is not even a thought. I still dream about staying at the Grand Floridian one day but because of the cost I don't see that happening. Thank goodness I can resort hop and get my fix! So what is your favorite Disney resort to stay at and why?