Wednesday, October 18, 2017

Our 1st Day in Magic Kingdom Part 1: Peter Pan

We started each morning off by stopping at the All Star Sports Cafe so that my husband and daughter could get coffee, and then would immediately head to the parks. We drove to the park most of the trip and only used Disney Transportation to get around internally within the parks. Our first day at Magic Kingdom was on Sunday and we arrived just as the park opened for resort guest. We hopped on the trolley in the parking lot and headed for the monorail at the TTC (one of my favorite modes of transportation at WDW). I guess because it was the start of the day the monorail was waiting to fill up with as many people as possible before heading to Magic Kingdom. We did get to talk with some mates from England while waiting in line, but it seemed to take forever for the first rail to come along! I didn't get any photos but you will get to see how crowded it was in my videos later.


Our goal that day was to get to Peter Pan because we did not have a fastpass for it and knew from the research I had done it would be crazy busy later in the day. If you have seen my trailer for my YouTube channel you will know how excited I was to be walking onto to main street and seeing the castle for the first time in 6 years! LOL

We made a beeline for Fantasyland and although the line wasn't too long, it still took us a minute to get in. 




Hubby had a great time snapping pictures of us with his camera.




This was the first time I had seen the new queue area for Peter Pan, It was really, really cute and the little ones (and those of us who are young at heart) seemed to enjoy it.

In my next segment I will talk about where we headed after Peter Pan. I had a set schedule in my head and on my phone as to which rides we would hit that day. The App from Disney was a lifesaver because it allowed us to check wait times before traipsing all over the park only to find out that the wait time was too long (at least longer then we were willing to wait). 

I know a lot of people (especially adults) skip the Peter Pan ride. But since we are not big thrill ride people this is right up our alley. I can't explain why but I get excited when we "fly" over London and see Big Ben. And frankly I love the classic Disney rides that Walt created all those years ago. One of the reasons I love Disney World is because there really is something for everyone. Yes, new things are great but the old classics hold a special place in my heart. What is your favorite classic ride at Disney?