Tuesday, April 25, 2017

Travel Back in Time Scrapbook (Our First Ever Trip To WDW)

Recently I came across my old WDW scrapbooks, so I thought I would share.


Our first ever trip to Walt Disney World was back in June 1998! Our first Disney meal was at Ohana's (you will see over the next few weeks that it became a family favorite and a must for most of our Disney trips).


I think my son TJ actually took this photo. We did not know at the time how friendly folks were and that if you asked they would take your photo.


Although we prefer staying on property, when we don't we stay at the Buena Vista Suites hotel. It has been our favorite non Disney resort since 1998.


Our first look at Magic Kingdom, and Main Street USA.


Do you all remember Mickey and Minnie's house?



Speakin of Minnie!!! She was one of the first characters we came into contact with on our first day in the parks.


1998 was the first year that Animal Kingdom Park opened. I thought I heard someone say recently that when the park first opened that they did not have park maps because they really wanted you to "explore" The problem with that is that the park is not typical Disney park set up and people apparently would get lost (I don't actually recall if we had maps or not).


My son with the only characters at the time that I think he got excited about.


Does anyone remember this guy? He would stand out front at the Figment ride with a Figment puppet. Figment became a must ride attraction for the family after that.



Me with my babies at the Italian Pavilion at Epcot.


My mom and the girls (we actually had my mom, and my godparents with us on this once in a lifetime (or so I thought) trip. We all know that for most people once you go Disney, you can't go back! Sorry I just had to throw that in there. LOL


At the time my aunt lived in Port St. Lucia and on the last leg of our journey we dropped in to see here before heading back to VA. You can read the small trip report I wrote at the time.