Sunday, July 24, 2016

Day trip to the Eastern Shore

What started out as a weekend getaway turned into a day trip to the Eastern Shore. If it wasn't for a bit of planning ahead of time we wouldn't have been able to explore as much as we did considering what would happen later that day!

The original plan started not long after my daughters wedding. I wanted to spend a weekend with my cousins, girlfriends and mom (the wedding crew). What started out as an invitation to eight ladies would eventually just be four.

One of my friends lost her father the week before the trip and because of that I decided to make alternative arrangements for her and my other BFF to get away later in the year.

But my "sister" cousins and I along with my mom still planned to go for a bit of sightseeing and girl time! Early Friday morning my mom, and my cousins Pat and Barbara (Bab's as we call her) picked me up and home.

First stop for us was breakfast at the local Egg Bistro.




The meal was ok but didn't really compare to our family's favorite breakfast spot in my hometown. 
We then prepared to make the trek across the Chesapeake Bay Bridge Tunnel. 



My mom the driver!!


My cousin Pat was our navigator!


Cousin BABS was our "secretary"! She was to keep a tally of all our expenses so that we could divvy it up at the end of the trip. 


Yours truly was the special event planner!! lol 


Land!!! lol 



At the welcome center! 

1st stop on this adventure is the winery. This was for my two cousins ( I don't drink at all and my mom was the sober driver lol)!