Thursday, July 21, 2016

Day 3 After the wedding

We actually moved to a different Marriott after the wedding that day.Somehow Nicki booked a room at a completely different Marriott and unfortunately the one we were at wasn't willing to transfer her to ours (it kind of left a bad taste in my mouth for the place after that). Not to mention the fact we would later learn that the walls of the hotel were extremely thin and that they even had earplugs available for guest in their rooms! Marc had an issue with the valet people as well so needless to say if by some remote chance we are ever in NOLA again ( which I highly doubt), we will not be staying at this particular Marriott. It was a stark contrast to our welcome from the other one! 


After we checked in, and Nicki had a chance to check in (and Marc took a cat nap)..we headed down the street to check out the Riverwalk Mall. At the top of my wish list was trying Cafe De Monde and I had been told I could find one there. 


When we headed out we realized we were literally around the block from our original hotel! Which was across the street from the convention center.







I have to pause here and say...yes they were good, but I think my family somehow expected something more!! I did remember the tip about not wearing dark clothing because of all the powdered sugar! lol 


Speaking of sugar!!! We had a ball exploring this place!!

Other then a small purchase at Wilsons Leather we did not do much shopping on this trip! 



We walked from the entrance of the mall and came out at the other end. You can still see the effects of the flooding on some of the buildings and on the ground.





This interactive portion reminded me so much of Epcot!! 


We walked down the steps from the mall area and crossed the tracks to one of the main downtown areas which we had been on the night before.




After a while the day (and the heat), plus a bit of rain started to catch up with us and we decided to go and check out Nicki's hotel and figure out where we could eat so that Q could get some New Orleans style food . I'm not a seafood eater (and Nicki is allergic to it). So it took a minute for us to find a place where we could all eat.



Little did I know our excursion would take  us to Bourbon Street! Ok, I'm just going to say it...I did not like the experience!! 


We did find a nice place to eat and Q got her seafood!


Nicki and I split red beans and rice with sausage!! lol


After we finished eating we hightailed it off of Bourbon street as fast as we could and after dropping Nicki off at her room caught a über back to our hotel! Marc and I established after that, that this would probably be our one and only NOLA trips. lol