Thursday, July 21, 2016

Bama/Nola/Atlanta day 1

I figured I had better start on this trip report before I forget the whole thing. We have been busy since coming back and I didn't have the energy before now to start posting.




Marc and Nicki picked the rental car up that morning and after Q got off work and after a bit of a late start we finally left for the long 12 hour ride to Alabama. 


It just happened to be free chick fil a day and Q had the bright idea that we should dress up for a free meal. Both of my girls started working at CF as teens and this was the first time ever that we had done this! 



I'm still surprised we got him to participate! 

It's been about five years since we were last in Alabama and although the trip was long we arrived in Bama about the time I originally estimated (minus the hour I forgot we lost when we enter the state)! The trip was pretty uneventful until half way through I realized I had left Marc and my outfits for the wedding! But more on that in day 2.


After 12 hours we were all pretty wiped out and though I was happy to see our extended family I was even happier to see my girlfriends guest room bed! lol