Thursday, July 21, 2016

Day 4 The French Quarter and Cable Cars!!

Ok I have to say other then the wedding itself the highlight of my trip was the French Quarter and the Cable cars!! The one thing I wanted to do for sure was ride the cable cars. lol



The view from our room (ummm yah...you didn't miss much lol). 

We got up that morning, packed our bags and stowed them in the car and headed for the river line!! It took us a minute to figure out where to catch it and how to purchase a pass but we did!! Marc had figured out that this trail would take us to the French Quarter and since the market was on my list of must see that's where we headed first! 

I have to say it made up for our Bourbon street experience lol.



How much you want to bet she was texting B?? lol 




I loved riding on the cars, and if time had permitted I probably would have rode even longer and explored a bit more! It felt a tad less scary during the day time to walk around NOLA!


We found the market right away. Almost got run over though by a group of teens looking for Pokemon (insert side eye and shaking of head)! 


Since our new hotel did not include a meal and we were already starting to feel the effects of the heat Nicki offered to buy everyone a fruit smoothie!


I will admit it kept us cool for a little while as we explored the shops.

We got stopped by one vendor who asked if he could read us a poem. Eventually he and Marc started a conversation (my husband has never met a stranger). When he found out Marc was a veteran he gave him one of his poetry book marks for free. Turns out he's a pastor as well so as you can imagine it took a minute for us to say out goodbyes. Lol 







I loved the atmosphere of the French Quarter ( I imagined it to be sort of like walking through Disneyland. And yes I realize I managed to drag Disney in somehow lol).


We picked up a few souviners and even back tracked to the market so that Marc could get a New Orleans cap. Q went off to try and find some seafood but ended up coming back empty handed. By this time I was burning up from the humidity and the heat so I sat on a bench and people watched. lol (I had already picked up a t-shirt and a refrigerator magnet on one of the little side streets).


Some of my 757 people (or even some Disney folks may recognize the whale artwork on the side of this building near the mall). I love this artist work and we try to visit his gallery every time we are on the Boardwalk at Disney! 


This was my first time eating here. Wish they had one at home because they piled this thing up high and it only cost $7.00! It was so large I couldn't eat even half of it! 



We headed back to the cable cars (after we made the stop at the mall to pick up some food) and then back to the hotel to pick up our car before heading back to Bama for our goddaughters last pageant before she started her senior year in high school. You will be able to find pics from that on my personal blog real soon! 

I missed a few places on my list but I checked off s few boxes as well so overall I will say it was a successful two day trip. The girls are considering going back next year for some festival but unless Marc and I take a cruise out of NOLA I can at least check this one off my list of places I've visited at least once!!