Monday, September 14, 2015

Day 6 Moton Museum, Farmville VA



 
 
 


 
Wednesday Marc and I traveled 5 hours to FarmVille VA to see this museum. I had heard about it when doing research on the homeowner of the site for my daughters upcoming wedding next spring. I expected to see info about Dr. Moton but instead Marc and I ended up viewing the history of our country during the civil rights era. I don't remember hearing or reading about many of these incidents in my history books so the trip turned out to be very informative not to mention shocking at some moments. I can't imagine feeling so much hate for a race that you were willing to forfeit your child's education for nearly 5 yrs to keep them from "mixing" with people of a different color! It just boggles my mind! If your ever in the area or live with driving distance of FarmVille I highly reccomended visiting the site which is free and open to the public. It will blow your mind (at least it did for us)!