Monday, September 7, 2015

Day 10















Our last day with my mom was a Sunday.  It actually felt strange not going to church but this vacation was all about relaxing and spending time with family so we ate a leisurely breakfast. Went exploring to find Pocahontas chimney and even scoped out a vacation home (just in case we ever get a windfall of money one day)! lol Mom and I also took Marc back to the Peanut shop we had visited a few weeks ago while running some wedding errands. Before leaving for home we drove by the new site for my old middle school which was destroyed in a tornado a few yrs ago. 

As I get older I have a new appreciation for the place I grew up at. Not sure that I could permanently live there but I appreciate the fact that my mom allows us to "stay" vacation with her each summer for a few weeks. Marc and I left for home Sunday afternoon very much relaxed and well rested! Little did I know I would be back just a few days later!! lol