Friday, September 4, 2015

Day 4 Rosewell Ruins Gloucester VA


 

 
 

 
 

Sunday was busy hanging out with family and friends at my home churches annual Homecoming so I don't have any pictures from Day 3. That Monday though we really stayed in our own backyard by visiting the Rosewell Ruins, a plantation in my hometown. Honestly until this year I did not know about the existence of this place. I knew there were plantations/mansions in the area but had never paid much attention to them or their history. But for some reason this place fascinated me. Marc still can't figure out why we needed to see it. Its not a spot you would easily find unless you were looking for it.  Its actually kind of said that this is all that is left of such a magnificent building. Believe it or not some people have actually held weddings on the spot! It actually advertises itself as a place with a ghostly place. Although I don't personally believe in ghost the place does have a rather sad, and eerie feeling about it!  
 
Tuesday we went home briefly to pick up some stuff Marc needed for a job, and met the kids for some wedding planning stuff.