Thursday, March 2, 2017

Update of Pre-Planning for WDW 2017



Well its official!! We are heading to WDW in August!!!


Our group has gotten much smaller. Cast of Characters include my daughter Quisha (32 year old case worker), my hubby Marc (53 year old Pastor) and myself (52 year old retired SAHM and Disney fanatic) . My daughter Nicki and her husband who were originally scheduled to tag along will not be coming (at least not to the parks).


I am disappointed, but I am trying to not let it get me down since I am extremely excited to be heading through these gates in a few months! Once again we are using my favorite Travel Agency, Dreams Unlimited to help us with the planning.


So let the planning and the memories begin!


We are still staying at a Value Resort. This time we have reservations at The Sports Resort. A first for us, but I do believe this is the last of the value resorts we have not had a chance to stay at.





It's been nearly six years since I last official trip to WDW if you don't count our anniversary trip which did not include any parks. So much has changed since that visit that it will be interesting to see what new rides/shows will become new favorites.


As of right now our only dining plans include dinner at Ohana's (a must for my family since our first ever trip).


We are leaning towards adding Boma's to the list only because my daughter has never been.


Another must for us is Turkey legs!


Not a Disney restaurant, but Giordano's is at the top of the list of places that have become a favorite of ours.


Also a favorite for us now is ice cream on the boardwalk as well as the nightly entertainment.


A lot has changed since the last time I was at Downtown Disney (including the name), so I am curious to see all of the new shops but more then likely will only shop at the Disney store. If I want name brand items there are plenty of outlets to keep us happy outside of the resort area.


I am looking forward to seeing all of the new stuff that have been built since our last visit, But the one thing that hasn't changed that I am looking forward to is a run around to all of the monorail resorts hopefully on the monorail ( I hear they are going through some changes as well, hopefully not during the same time we are there).

I will share more updates as they occur.