Thursday, June 14, 2018

First Impressions of Pandora and Flight of Passage Ride




I thought I would do a separate post on my thoughts about Pandora and Flights of Passage. I will start by saying I was not a big fan of the movie so I was concerned that I wouldn't really enjoy the new land at Animal Kingdom. I still have mixed feelings after seeing it last fall, but I get why so many people enjoy it.

The Land of Pandora : I loved seeing all of the cool flowers, walls, foliage and floating mountains. I did get the feeling I was in another world. We didn't actually get to go back and see it at night so I can't speak on that. Honestly, there was so many people at the park that morning and not really knowing the lay of the land I don't feel like we got a real opportunity to explore and get the real feel of the place.

Navi River Journey: As I said in the previous post I liked riding the "boat" ride only because it was so relaxing after getting pass the crazy dash to the land with what seemed like a 1,000 of my closest friends that I did not know. Would I ride it again? Only if I got there first thing in the morning and had a fastpass for Flights of Passage.

Flights of Passage: The ride was very cool. I have to admit because I heard so many different thoughts on the ride experience and how some struggled with jerky movements and even dizziness. Not to mention the warning for those with health issues I kept my eyes closed through certain parts of the ride. If I ever get a chance to try it again I would do it differently. What I did see I liked. And I didn't find the ride any more jerky then the Star Tours ride. I also found the seat to be comfortable. But I could see why it would not fit everyone which is a shame. If you are not sure I suggest checking out the model of the seat that is at the entrance of the ride.

Would I ride it again? Yes. Would I wait in line for hours to ride it? No. If I can't get a fastpass for it on our next trip it would have to have a really low wait time for me to do it again.

The Canteen: We didn't get a chance to check out the food (although I did peak inside). Maybe on our next trip. Everyone raves about the purple drink and the blue dessert so maybe we will put that on the bucket list.

Windtraders Shop and Merchandise: Because I am not a big fan of Avatar we were not looking for merchandise per say so we really just went in to see what they offered. In the end we didn't see anything we wanted and I can't see any of us walking around with a banshee on our shoulder.

Overall I get all the hype behind the land. The imagineers did a great job, and the FOP ride is pretty neat. But I will always be an Epcot girl (World Showcase at that lol). There is something about being able to walk from Mexico to Canada that just makes this Disney girl happy.