Monday, September 5, 2011

Travel Day


We left Virginia early Sunday morning around 5 AM for the 13 hour ride to Florida. We packed snacks and made a few gas and bathroom breaks along the way but made what seemed like record time getting to Florida. Arrived in Florida just in time to grab some OJ at the welcome center before the sky busted wide open (a sign of things to come). So I didn't get a chance to take the usual family portrait under the welcome sign but quickly grabbed our oj and a couple of brochures. One thing I noticed is that they don't have the individual park maps like they did years ago! So I would have to wait until we actually checked into Pop Century the next day. Pooh!!!




We arrived in Orlando around 6 PM and checked into our room at the Buena Vista Suites. It reminded me soo much of our first trip to WDW. We checked in with my goddaughters family and made arrangements to meet the next day so that we could surprise our goddaughter who had no idea we would be there. I also tried to connect with my girlfriend Kelli who we were surprising for her 25th Wedding Anniversary. Unfortunately her husband could not get her to leave the park! I had a conversation with her on the phone but my family still wanted to surprise her so I didn't spill the beans right then and there. Later on you will find out just how hard this meet would become! Hubby was itching to find the Disney outlets so we unloaded everything and hit the road. Unfortunately the ones near our hotel were closed because it was Sunday and pass 6 o'clock. We did make it to one of the larger outlets before they closed at nine but noticed almost immediately that the prices were not as good as they were years ago. A sign of the economy I suppose. We grabbed a late night snack before heading back to our room to crash before the big move to Pop Century the next day! Wooohoo!!!