Monday, September 12, 2011

The Big Surprise and a note about Magic Kingdom Part 2


This whole trip came about because my friend Kelli was planning to celebrate her and her husband Mike's 25th Wedding Anniversary at Disney. Kelli loves Disney more then I do (and believe me that is saying a lot)! Originally we were going to be doing an actual ceremony and Marc would be officiating but that didn't pan out so Kelli and Mike decided to still go and enjoy the week at Disney anyway.  They do plan to renew on their 30th closer to home and Marc will officiate there.

Long story short we started planning a cruise instead (which didn't pan out) until we found out that our nieces competition would be the same week of Kelli's anniversary. This gave me the bright idea to surprise my goddaughter, niece and Kelli all at the same time. Kelli's husband Mike was in on it after we told him when we got together with them early summer in Washington DC. We had been trying since Sunday evening to let her know we were here but unfortunately we could not get her to leave the parks! We even had friends checking from their homes to see where she was so she wouldn't get suspicious of me calling to many times.

The plan was to leave the park and track her down no matter what. We knew the resort they were staying at because I had fibbed and told her we were sending them a special anniversary gift and that I needed the address. I also knew she and Mike had reservations that evening at Victoria and Alberts so I knew we had to act quickly. We tracked down the address for the resort and by some miracle the gatekeeper let us in. When we got to the room Kelli and her daughter Marlee Anne were actually out so Mike had us hide when she came back. My daughter filmed the whole thing. It was priceless. It had taken three days to surprise her but it was worth it just to see the look on her face! LOL

We hung around while she got dressed and then hightailed it back to our room to get ready for dinner at Ohana's with the promise to get together within the next day or so.

Sidenote: Some how I posted Magic Kingdom Part 2 on my craft page! HAHA Enjoy!!! I don't have the energy to transfer it anyway!!! LOL