Sunday, January 21, 2018

1st Day in Magic Kingdom Part 2

After hitting the Peter Pan ride we headed to Small World, before heading to our first fastpass ride which was a 9:45 appointment on the Mine Train ride. OMG!!! Nobody prepared me for how fast that thing went. I can't say it was my favorite ride but at least I can say I got on it once (just like I did with Splash Mountain all those years ago). Sidenote: If you missed part 1 of our first official day in the parks you can read it here





I finally got to see the famous bathroom area! LOL 


I did not realize until we got back home that there is a shadow behind the fountain. We went the back way through Fantasyland to Liberty Square to ride the Haunted Mansion (we had a 10:35 fastpass).




After riding the Mine train we saw an opportunity to catch the Little Mermaid ride while the lines were still fairly slow. I loved the way this area is themed. Wish I had gotten a chance to go back again but the clouds had come out and we were worried about rain. Since it was a while before our lunch reservations and we had got a pretty good head start on rides (the advantage to entering the parks early) we decided to head the back way to Tomorrowland to catch the people mover. Half way there we decided to stop and ride Dumbo (I love having the Disney app that lets you know how long the ride lines are. We knocked a lot of stuff off of our list by checking the app. Even changed some fastpass rides because we were able to get on them sooner then we expected).




This was our first time getting to see the area re-done.


One of those mountains I will never ride. LOL


The lines for the people mover was crazy so we headed to Carousel of Progress instead. It was starting to get extremely hot so this was a great way to cool off. After the carousel of Progress we headed back towards Fantasyland.


My first red tag of the week (but not the last). 


We decided to ride the tea cups before we got our meal. Good thing to because hubby went a little crazy with the spinning! Even after all of this we had time to sit a spell before our 1:50 reservation at Be Our Guest. I'm still amazed at how much we accomplished that morning! It was a great start to vacation! You can see our review of the Be Our Guest Restaurant here.