Wednesday, August 31, 2016

Jamestown







We recently returned home from what I call our annual "stayvacation" with family. We didn't do as much sightseeing as I would have liked to but the advantage of living in Virginia is that there is a bit of history around every corner!! So even though Monticello was on my list for this year I can always go in the fall or next year. We did decide to explore Jamestown with my mom though and surprisingly it was a pretty nice tour to take and not for a lot of money thanks to my moms senior citizen discount! lol





I personally could have just set at the waters edge all day and listened to the sea! 




We took our time and leisurely strolled around the compound (even ran into a cute friend on our way back to the car) ending the day with a quick stop at the Glass House which is also on Jamestown Island at the entrance to the the site. 


All I can say is that I now know what it feels like to be near the fire furnace like the three Hebrew boys!! I honestly don't know how these men stood it!! I filmed a couple of clips and had to keep moving because my legs were on fire!!